Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Very Funny

I find it very funny the way things work. An article on pocket fives by Chris Wallace " http://www.pocketfives.com/18583B22-DF05-40E4-8D1E-2FE03AB82102.aspx " about that little demon on your shoulder that always want his way. Read it, its very true, to me atleast.

Anyway that demon got a hold of me today and took me down a very dangerous road. A road that I have seen so many times it makes me wonder. I started today off with a bs hand that put me on tilt and that little demon started to presuade me. I floped top two pair AK on a AKx board with two clubs, I bet the pot and get one caller. Another x came no club So I bet the pot agian about 10, he calls the river comes a club and I can't seem to fold to his all in (J2c). So I started off down $25.

Some how I talk myself into playing at the .25/.50 tables. I was still playing good poker, I just couldn't get anything going. Talk about the shitiest cards someone could get. I get allin on the turn with KK on a all unders board and an idoit calls with AQ. Of course the A hits on the river all on a I drop another $50 there. I then move to the .50/1 tables. (When I say move I mean three tables at a time) I start to make head way making 60 back and then Dumb more than a hole buyin with the K high flush vs the A high. I am now down about $150 and continue to play. I get allin with JJ vs 10's and he spikes a 10 putting me down $250. I have played at these limits before and know the varience that goes along with them. I am still chasing that money and move up to two 1/2 tables. I was hoping that my luck would finally catch up with me and I could erase this huge lose I should haver had. That luck (Skill or whatever) does come when I flop two pair with A 5 (A53) and get allin against AK for a 450 dollar pot. I played a few more hands and then logged off.

I didn't really want to post anything about what happended today in hopes that I would forget about it and continue with my challange, until I read Fox's post today. It is kind of convient that he posted this the same day I was struggling with the problem (fox must be watching my play).

In the past I would do this constantly, sometimes comming out a big winner and sometimes losing most of my bankroll. I fell stupid that I would risk the callange I am currently working toward by repeating the errors of my past. I don't think I will do this agian for a long time. It is just hard to not get tilited when someone makes such a BS move and gets rewarded.

Overall for the day I think I am down about $50. The week I am not sure of I still need to do a weekly recap.

I plan on just moving up to the $50 level. I have somewhere near $850 on this challange so far. That is about 15 buyins which isn't a great area to be in. I think I will do fine and I will see how things go. If I end up dropping a couple hundred I will just move back down and grind it out some more. Let me know what you think.

5 Comments:

Blogger titans01 said...

That's a pretty scary story Logan but admitting it in your blog should help you deal with this problem in the future. As far as the move to the $50, I know your good enough as long as that demon doesn't come out. I would say go ahead and try and if you happen to lose 5 buyins move back down. Good luck.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Raisinya said...

Thanks for the reply. I have struggled with overrolling alot. This was my first time since this challange started. I think I am going to start a new thing when I take a bad beat(like a whole buyin)I am going to jump into a $5 HORSE sng. I am not that great at them, but I have alot of fun playing them. I think instead of tilting and felling like moving up, I will torture the HORSE tourny. Good Idea?

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Logan, all of us go through these suckout stories ... trust me. I have been playign over the last week having sickkk sessions only to get counterfited at the end by 2 bad suckouts that put me even on the session.

A few times I would be down a buyin or two.

I get pissed off internally just as much as any other guy but I have learned to realize that you can't get away from these donkies. Don't forget, those donkies are the ones who will also call you next time when your hand holds up and you get their whole stack.

The worst thing you can do is try to go and win the money back when you are playing on tilt. Set yourself a goal, if you loose 2 buyins you will call it a session and play the next day. Your mindset will be clear by then and you will be playing properly again.

Hope this helps.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention, variance and running bad is inevitable, it's not a questions of "Will it happen?" but more of a "When it happens, how do I minimize the effects?"

Keep that in mind and play sound poker to bounce back from the rut.

McGobbler

8:25 AM  
Blogger titans01 said...

The SnG thing sounds like a good idea. If you do well in them then you've taken an hour or so away from the tilting situation.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home