Thursday, July 13, 2006

More rambling

I had another bad session last night. I don't know if the structure of my challange is to tight and doesn't leave alot of room for varience. I am going to change the challange, I haven't quite figured out how I am going to do it. I think I might just do some thing like a 10k challange or something like that. Using a combination of SNG's MTT's and Cash Games. I think I need to have the flexablility to mix things up when I am running bad. I was only focusing on NL leaving myself no outs when I am running bad. Therefore I think I am going to go back to my old style of recording daily wins and losses and my total bankroll. When I strated this challange I had 1326 total bankroll. I cashed out 1k and left the 326. I now have around 500.

I don't think I will set a time limit on my challanges anymore. When I set time limits It forces me to focus too much on the goal and not enough on the way I am playing or the way I am trying to get there (overplaying my roll).

I also think I am not going to play more than two NL tables at a time. I think I am leaving alot of money on the table by not focusing on the way players are playing and taking advantage of them.

We'll see how things go. I hate to just abandon a challange in the middle but I think that my be the best thing to do at this point....

5 Comments:

Blogger titans01 said...

I think getting away from the NL Challenge might be a good thing. I've actually quit focusing on that myself. This month I actually just made a hand goal for myself to give that a try rather than focusing on a money goal. I still think it's important for you to set some sort of goals. It will help to keep you focused. Before I started setting goals I would look back after a few months to see what I had accomplished. Usually it was nothing. Even if you don't hit your goals it keeps you moving forward. Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

3:57 PM  
Blogger actyper said...

Just curious why you decided to go with such a small roll? I remember you being as a pretty good tournament player. Have u given up on them?

7:36 AM  
Blogger Raisinya said...

No am am going back to playing tournys. I took a break from them becasue I thought It would help me concentrate on cash games but I think I need an even mix between tournys and cash. As for the bankroll, I am not sure exactly what you are asking.

9:51 AM  
Blogger actyper said...

When you left yourself with $326. But I guess it was just for your NL challenge. If you were playing tournaments, probably would have left yourself a bit more.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Raisinya said...

ya, I had some unexpected bills come up that had to be paid. I really didn't want to cash out, but I didn't really have a choice. I am going to start will a few low level MTT and see If I can get my roll up. Thanks

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home