Sunday, April 16, 2006

Goals ; 4/15 Results; Blogger Poker Tour

Well I am pissed because I just typed for ever and somehow I lost everyting I was typing. So now I must retype it. Damn that sucks!!!

After reading some other blogs I come to relize that I need to set specific goals for myslef so that I can be pushed and actually keep track of how much I am up and down each day. After a Day like today I realize that I am in need of goals. So here they are. My goal is to make it to $500 by the end of april. I will only play 25NL and $5 SNG's. (I might add a couple $3 rebuy due to the soft play) Once I reach my goal I will set another one. I also will play in the BPT events.


Day of Varience:

I started the day off strong winning a $215 sunday ticket on stars through a $3 rebuy. I was really stoked. I unregisterd and kept the tournament dollars.

I couple hours later I logged back on to play some SNG's and A little 25NL. I played in 6 SNG's and only moneyed in one (actually placing first). What sucks is KK kicked my ass today. I lost two SNG's with KK vs 1010(he flops quads) and KK vs A10, both were allin preflop. The killer of them all is what put me on tilt and eventually costed me a larger chunk of money. The hand is like this. 25NL Cash table. I am in a late position with KK. A very loose player opens fo a $1 one caller, I bump it to $3 they both call. The flop comes 7 9 4 rainbow and a pretty safe flop for me. I bet $3 (maybe my first mistake) and the loose guy calls. The turn comes a 4. So the board is 7 9 4 4, I bet 6 thinking he has just his normal hand. He raises allin (about 10 more) I call. the turn comes a queen. So what does he have - 24!!!! I mean wtf. I reraise his ass preflop bet the flop hard and he f's me like that. Needless to say it put me on tilt

So what do? I move up to the two 50NL games still on tilt thinking "F those 25 tables and them donkss..." So a couple hands in I get AQ in late position I raise to $3 and the BB pushed allin ($15 which he has done multiple times) and I call. What does he have - AJ. Needless to say a J comes on the river and I loose another 15. A couple hands later I get KQd I raise $2, the same guy calls. The flop comes A 9 5 all diamonds. This guy fires a pot sized bet out I raise him he pushes all in. What does he have 99. I am like coo. Then the turn comes a five and now I loose another 30. A few more hands simular to this and I end up loosing a little over $100.

What is stupid is that this always happens to me. Luckily I had the will power to step away and know this wasn't my time. Other times I kept playing and lost alot more. All in all I think this is a learning process. I have to learn that when I take a beat like that to step away. I know I am not playing a my best capability when I am on tilt and I should have just stepped away and slept is off (like my wife told me to). So I must stick to my goals from this day forward and not stray.

Blogger Poker Tour stood me up. They were supposed to have their event on Saturday but they didn't have it (at least to my knowledge). I emailed support, but they haven't responed as of now.

The Bluff Poker Tour stop is at Doyle's Room Sunday. They are adding a $1500 WSOP Sub-event seat to keep it interesting. I am hoping I will start cashing if I want to make a run at taking this whole thing down.

Take it easy and I hope the varience you get today Is an upward swing.

So after a long day here is how the Bankroll looks with goals.

Current - $313.29
Goal - $500
Need - $186.71

4 Comments:

Blogger actyper said...

Blogger Poker Tour happened. It just their system clock didn't use daylight savings, so the tourney actually started at 4:30 rather than 3:30.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Raisinya said...

Thanks, I finally received their reply email and it stated the tournament had happend. I think I was looking in the wrong area. I was looking under "Regular Special" and I should have been looking under "Private". Congrats on your 2nd place finish.

4:12 PM  
Blogger actyper said...

Thanks, and congrats on your 2nd in the BluffPT. Though I guess, your 2nd stings a bit more. :)

8:18 AM  
Blogger Raisinya said...

Yea it does looking at how I was a 95% favorate when the money went into the pot. I'll take 2nd though.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home