Tuesday, February 07, 2006

It is kinda funny how this can go bad so quick. Just last night I wrote how I wasn't going to overplay my roll and was going to set strict guidlines for myself. Well I did it agian. I somehow talked myself into taking my chances at the 1/2NL. Of course my KK ran into 10 9 who drew to the inside striaght and I lost $200. I worked so hard to get my stack up to 400 and like that in one hand it went down the drain. I am now sitting at about 22o and felling pissed. I know what I need to do to win but yet I can't even follow my own guidelines. It must be the greed in me that thirsts for higher stakes and money. So it is back to working my stack. I must promise myslef that I will not do this agian. I was so close to actually moving up a level. One in which I can support those fluctuations where my big hands get beat by runner runner.

I wonder if it is ever going to change. I come on here with the same lame excuse every time. I think that my be what seperates a great player from just a good player. I think great players know when to stop and think about how much time and effort they have put into there game and know bettter than to throw it all away for one shot at the big game. I am going to make an attempt to not even take one step out of the 25NL tables until my bankroll is a 550. Not even once. I think if I can succeed at this than I will have the patience to control my urges and not keep making the same mistakes that are preventing me from moving up.

Logan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home